VANCOUVER, Wash. - A woman accused of injuring her 16-year-old friend by pushing her off a bridge in southwestern Washington has been offered a plea deal in the case.
The Columbian reports 19-year-old Taylor Smith appeared in Clark County District Court Monday.
Defense attorney Christie Emrich said the state presented an offer Friday. The details were not shared in court.
Smith is accused of pushing Jordan Holgerson of Kalama off the bridge Aug. 7 at Moulton Falls northeast of Vancouver.
Video posted on YouTube that went viral shows Holgerson standing on the bridge with friends before a woman forcefully pushes her off the span.
Holgerson broke six ribs and punctured her lungs in a fall of over 50 feet (15 meters).
Smith pleaded not guilty to reckless endangerment in December.
Holgerson's mother, Genelle Holgerson, says they know what the offer entails and would be OK with it.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle driver arrested in snowball rage incident
- Semi carrying live chickens crashes on I-5 in Olympia
- Snow expected to continue Monday, with some areas getting rain or mix
- Real-Time traffic updates: Snowy, slushy roads snarl morning commute
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.