SEATTLE — A passenger on board an Alaska Airlines flight from Seattle to Kansas City died Tuesday afternoon as the result of a medical emergency, Fox 4 Kansas City reports.
Alaska Airlines Flight 478 arrived at Kansas City International Airport at 3:50 p.m. CDT on Tuesday afternoon.
The Kansas City Police Department said the woman was already dead when emergency personnel in Kansas City arrived at the scene.
Passengers on Flight 478 stayed on the airplane for two hours after it landed, but many told Fox 4 Kansas City that they were OK with the long wait because of the circumstances at hand.
"I'm just really sorry for the family of this lady," passenger Jan Andrews told Fox 4 Kansas City.
Kansas City police said there was no foul play involved and that an autopsy will be conducted to determine the woman's exact cause of death.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- For the first time, Facebook spells out what it forbids
- Unseen photos of Mt. St. Helens eruption discovered in forgotten camera at Goodwill
- A movie, popcorn and a drink for $10? Tuesday AMC deal is making it happen
- Tacoma examining rental laws after evictions
- Pete Carroll on Michael Bennett, Richard Sherman: "Sometimes guys can't hang with what's expected"
© 2020 Cox Media Group