Police are investigating after a 57-year-old woman was struck by a vehicle in downtown Seattle on Tuesday.
Police said witnesses called 911 at about 2 p.m. to report that a woman had been struck by a vehicle at the intersection of First Avenue and Pine Street.
When officers arrived, they found a woman with a severe head injury. She was taken to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition.
An 86-year-old driver was taken into custody for investigation of vehicular assault.
Detectives are continuing their investigation.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle May Day 2018: What to know about traffic
- Seattle braces for May Day 2018
- May Day in Seattle: Real-time updates, photos and video
- GUIDE: Navigating through May Day 2018
- Police: Boy found safe, Amber Alert canceled in Tacoma
© 2019 Cox Media Group.