Amazon's Prime Day returns for a fifth time next month but this year, the event will be extended to two days.
The Seattle-based company announced Prime Day will start at midnight July 15 and run for 48 hours.
Amazon will include more than a million deals around the world and discounts on Alexa-enabled devices.
One of the Prime Day deals started this week -- A Toshiba TV.
“Get ready, as we pull back the curtain to reveal exclusive products, special performances and two full days of phenomenal deals this Prime Day,” said Jeff Wilke, Amazon CEO Worldwide Consumer. “Our vision is that Prime Day should be the absolute best time to be a member – when you can enjoy shopping, savings, entertainment and some of the best deals Prime members have ever seen. Stay tuned as we reveal exclusive savings at Whole Foods Market, thousands of new product launches, as well as world-class entertainment and more, leading up to Prime Day on July 15 and 16.”
Last year, Prime Day lasted 36 hours.
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman dead, 2 children critically hurt in crash east of Redmond
- Woman on way to funeral killed in crash witnessed by family
- Researchers capture video fo giant squid in Gulf of Mexico
- Police: Substitute teacher molested kindergartner during recess
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.