The 52-year-old Shoreline man who died after being pulled from Lake Ballinger in Mountlake Terrace Tuesday has been identified.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as Timothy Bergstrom.
Crews responded to a report of a swimmer in distress at the lake before 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Fire officials said the Bergstrom was on a raft with friends when something fell into the water, and he jumped in to get it.
Bergstrom's friends got him out of the water and pulled him onto the raft where they started CPR until firefighters arrived.
Crews in a rescue boat continued CPR as they brought the man to shore.
Fire officials said crews were unable to revive Bergstrom.
The Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Bergstrom died by drowning and said it was accidental.
More news from KIRO 7
- WSDOT awarded up to $37.5 million for Passenger Rail Car Replacement Project
- Dump truck crashes into Subway sandwich shop in Pioneer Square, several injured
- Man impersonating cop pulls over van full of detectives, police say
- Motorcyclist reached 145 mph during chase in Whatcom County, troopers say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.