A Washington state woman decorated her lawn with a festive 10,000-bulb rainbow light display after, she says, her neighbor made anti-gay comments.
Lexi Magnusson’s Christmas display in Silverdale went viral.
“Basically she told us she moved here to get her children away from the gays,” Magnusson told Buzzfeed News. “She went on to tell us how horrified she was when her son got turned down for prom because the girl was already planning on going with her girlfriend.”
“I told her that kids were going to be exposed anywhere she went and that I was glad that kids these days get it and aren’t horrible to each other because of who someone is or how they were born,” Magnusson said.
According to Buzzfeed News, Magnusson said her neighbor doesn’t acknowledge her anymore, but the support from people online has been positive.
Top stories on KIRO 7
- Forecast: More snow may move in Wednesday night, Thursday
- 5 things to know about snowy weather in Washington this week
- Get updates anytime and breaking news push alerts with the KIRO 7 News App
- Read real-time traffic updates amid icy roads
- More than 80 flights canceled at Sea-Tac Airport for wintry weather conditions
© 2019 Cox Media Group.