Troopers with the Washington State Patrol on Monday released data on the number of driving under the influence arrests made over St. Patrick’s Day weekend.
Thirty-five drivers were arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence over the weekend in Pierce and Thurston counties, Trooper Johnna Batiste said.
Batiste said 31 of the arrests were the result of traffic stops while four were the result of collisions.
The Washington State Patrol arrested 35 drivers for #DUI this #StPatricksWeekend 🍀 in Pierce and Thurston counties.— Trooper Johnna Batiste (@wspd1pio) March 18, 2019
(31 traffic stops and 4 collisions.) #YourWSP #DriveSober #NoExcuses #DoBetter #BeBetter #DriveSafe
Fifty-nine drivers were arrested on suspicion of driver under the influence over the weekend in King County, Trooper Rick Johnson said.
troopers in #KingCounty arrested 9 from yesterday through early this morning. So.....59 total for #StPatricksWeekend2019.— Trooper Rick Johnson (@wspd2pio) March 18, 2019
The number of driving under the influence arrests in Snohomish and Whatcom counties has not yet been released as of this writing.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Viaduct demolition noise starts rumbling Seattle's waterfront
- Investigation launched into FAA's approval of Boeing 737 Max planes
- Homeless uproot brick, dig tunnels under I-5 overpass
- DEA warns of a new, intricate phone scam targeting Seattle-Tacoma area
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Cox Media Group