A Washington state K-9 officer tracked down an escaped inmate who had buried himself in sand.
The inmate had climbed a perimeter fence and fled into an area near the Port of Vancouver, where he then buried himself completely under sand and thick bushes.
The Clark County Sheriff's Office K-9 officer “Apollo” discovered the inmate around 45 minutes after he escaped.
The inmate, Cory Cunningham, was taken into custody and then transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Cunningham is now back in jail and will face charges related to the escape.
- Lenin statue in Seattle: Read this Q and A about how it got to Fremont
- Eclipse traffic is already awful and we're still four days away
- Why is a Confederate memorial in Seattle? A Q and A about its creation
- Decades later, ‘Uncle Sam' billboard still sparks debate
- VIDEO: President Trump Says ‘Blame on Both Sides, I Wait for Facts’
© 2019 Cox Media Group.