BREMERTON, Wash. - A man who deputies say threatened to burn his ex-girlfriend’s car and house is on the run, and Kitsap County Sheriff’s detectives are asking for the public’s help finding him.
Corey J. Phillips, 31, made the threats April 9, investigators said. During this argument, Phillips took the victim's car, a Toyota Camry, detectives said.
About an hour later the vehicle was found on fire in the 1900 block of Fuson Road Northeast in East Bremerton. The car was destroyed.
Police said witnesses reported seeing a man matching Phillips' description leaving the scene.
Phillips has a felony warrant from Kitsap County Superior Court for arson and taking the vehicle.
He is 6 feet tall, 280 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. His last known residence was on Maple Street in Bremerton.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or Kitsap investigators at 360-308-5400. Tipsters can also contact Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
More news from KIRO 7
- Troopers say suspected DUI driver in crash that killed motorcyclist had kids in car
- Earl Thomas: 'I envision one day retiring as a Seahawk'
- Bremerton police search for missing 30-year-old woman
- Activists block section fo Second Avenue to protest Chase Bank's funding of fossil fuels
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.