SEATTLE - A new traffic pattern may cause delays for commuters starting Monday in downtown Seattle.
Drivers heading south on Aurora Avenue will not be allowed to turn left onto Denny Way.
The change will impact drivers heading to Capitol Hill or downtown, which will force them to go straight onto Wall Street or take a right onto Denny Way.
The reason for the changes is so that construction crews can fill in the Battery Street Tunnel and give them more room to work.
Another street that is affected is 7th Avenue. It has been reduced to one lane between John Street and Denny Way.
More news from KIRO 7
- Semi carrying human waste crashes, blocks eastbound lanes on I-90 in Issaquah
- Suspect in custody after beating man with baseball bat in Kitsap County, deputies say
- Militia leader arrested at US-Mexico border
- Bainbridge Island fire claims life of retired Hollywood agent
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.