Massive rally at Westlake Park in response to Trump immigration order

Thousands of people are attending an “emergency rally” Sunday night at Westlake Park in response to President Donald Trump’s executive order on immigration.

The “Stand with Immigrants!” emergency rally was slated for 5-8 p.m. at Westlake Park.

Sound Transit said Sunday afternoon their trains would be operating all evening with three cars and additional trains would be available for responding to surges in demand.

By 5:10 p.m., the rally at Westlake Park was blocking Pine Street at 5th Avenue and 4th Avenue at Pike Street. WATCH THE RALLY LIVE AT THIS LINK OR EMBEDDED BELOW.

A massive protest took place at Seattle's Westlake Center against President Donald J. Trump’s travel ban barring citizens of 7 predominantly Muslim nations entry into the U.S. Thousands poured into the area, shutting down streets. >> kiro.tv/SeaRally PHOTOS: http://kiro.tv/SeaProtestPhotos

Posted by KIRO 7 News on Sunday, January 29, 2017

See traffic updates below.

Related: Hundreds gather at Sea-Tac Airport to protest Trump’s executive order

President Donald Trump's travel ban barring citizens of seven predominantly Muslim nations entry into the U.S. sparked protests around the country Saturday night and early Sunday morning.

Individuals who were detained at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport as a result of President Trump's executive order have been released by the Department of Homeland Security, a Port of Seattle spokeswoman said Sunday.

Kathy Roeder said DHS told port officials the individuals can continue their travels. She didn't know how many people had been released.

About 3,000 protesters holding signs and chanting "no hatred, no fear, immigrants are welcome here" and "let them in" gathered Saturday evening and continued demonstrating into early Sunday morning.

Roeder said the crowd dispersed shortly after midnight, but that about 30 to 35 were arrested during the demonstration and face various misdemeanor charges. She said there were no injuries or damage to the facilities.

All but one person was cited and released for disorderly conduct. That one person was arrested for assault, according to officials.

The Port of Seattle Commissioners, which oversees the airport, issued a statement criticizing the executive order.