Thieves broke into a Whatcom County fire district hall and stole life-saving equipment.
The theft happened at the Van Zandt Fire Hall.
Over the weekend, Whatcom County Fire District 16 said on their Facebook page that someone had taken chainsaws and a new generator.
“We hope that when your neighbor is in need of help you use that equipment to help them out, especially during the time we are without,” the fire department said.
The fire district said insurance will cover the stolen items.
More news from KIRO 7
- Former Seahawks highlight Seattle Dragons' picks on Day 1 of XFL Draft
- Hunter finds skull on Whidbey Island belonging to man reported missing in 2000
- One killed, 1 critically injured in head-on collision in Preston
- DC sniper Lee Boyd Malvo's lawyers argue for new sentence before Supreme Court
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.