Five members of a Tacoma family are among the victims killed in a car crash in Mexico on Friday.
Gaspar Gomez, his wife Maria, their 26-year-old daughter Denisse and two of her young children were killed when their rental van collided with a motorcycle and an SUV. Denisse's 8-year-old son and her 18-year-old brother are in critical condition in Mexico.
"The SUV hit the van going pretty fast. It was speeding. There was good Samaritans around and they were able to get two survivors out before the car exploded," a family friend told KIRO 7.
Five other people involved in the crash also died.
A Go Fund Me account has been set up for the Gomez family to help cover medical and funeral costs.
- Girl, 11, dies at sleepover, police say
- Railroad investigator says its wrong to point a finger at train engineer
- Small businesses prepare for mandatory paid sick leave starting Monday
- Human teeth, heroin, gun found on alleged Walmart shoplifter
- New vaccine from UW could end annual flu shots
Cox Media Group