SEATTLE - Two men were arrested after assaulting another person with a baseball bat and brandishing a handgun at an encampment Wednesday. The assault happened near the 5200 block of Airport Way South in the Georgetown area.
Police responded a little after 9 a.m. for a reported assault. The victim said that several people assaulted and threatened him and another woman in the encampment with an axe handle and gun. The man was treated at the scene for injuries and provided police with a description of the suspects.
SWAT officers were called in to help with the search. About an hour later, police contacted a man who matched the description of one of the suspects and he was taken into custody.
A second man who matched the description of the other suspect was found an hour later at a gas station at Beacon Avenue South and South Bayview street. He was identified as a suspect and arrested.
Both men were booked into King County Jail for felony assault and harassment.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police looking for 2 persons of interest after body found in abandoned truck in Kent
- Teen girls’ softball coach arrested in undercover child sex sting
- Gig Harbor police looking for escaped African cat
- Four people from Washington sickened by salmonella linked to recalled tuna
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.