FEDERAL WAY, Wash. — Federal Way police said a driver who plowed into a sleeping family’s home on Father’s Day, partially catching the home on fire, has been arrested on suspicion of DUI and hit-and-run.
No one was hurt.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- 1 dead, 1 shot, 1 in custody after shooting in Lakewood
- Cyclist scared by fight on popular Seattle trail
- Man killed by officer after stabbing victim at business in Renton
- What is a strawberry moon? Don't miss Monday's lunar spectacle
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
“Could’ve been a lot different,” said homeowner Mike Sogura, who was out of town at the time. “But luckily, thank you God, everybody was OK.”
The family told KIRO 7 it’s the fourth time a driver has crashed through their fence at the intersection of Military Road South and 304th Street.
Sogura said his daughter and son were home asleep around 3:45 a.m. Sunday when the driver crashed into the home, dangerously close to his daughter’s bedroom window and bed.
“You can see from the damage how close it came to hitting her,” said Sogura.
Federal Way police say the home then caught fire after everyone made it out safely. The driver, who took off from the crash scene, was arrested nearby, according to police.
Sogura said he’s voiced concerns to the city before about the nearby intersection.
© 2019 Cox Media Group