An 18-year-old man was arrested Tuesday morning after he allegedly attacked and tried to rob a man leaving a pot shop in the U-District, police said.
Investigators said after 10 a.m., the victim walked out of a store in the 1000 block of Northeast 45th Street and was approached by two men who asked for some marijuana.
The victim told police he declined but gave the two a small amount of cash.
Police said as the victim left, he felt someone tugging at his wallet. He turned around and one of the men punched him and pushed him the ground.
Investigators said the man continued to punch and kick the victim and demand for his wallet.
A witness was able to get an officer, who then arrested the man.
He was booked into the King County Jail on suspicion of robbery.
More news from KIRO 7
- Armed intruder jumps out of third-story window
- Gas stations robbed within minutes of each other in Snohomish County
- Suspect arrested in rape of Renton man at bus stop
- Pepper spray causes hazmat response evacuations at Northgate Mall
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.