PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. - Two students and a bus driver are safe after leaving the roadway and striking a fence and two parked cars in Pierce County Friday morning.
“The driver stated a large black animal ran out in front of the bus as they were traveling eastbound on SR 302 approaching Goldman Drive,” Trooper Johnna Batiste said in a tweet just after 8:00 a.m.
SR 302 near Goldman Drive is about seven miles northwest of Gig Harbor, Wash.
2 students and the bus driver are thankfully okay after leaving the roadway and striking a fence and 2 parked cars.— Trooper Johnna Batiste (@wspd1pio) February 8, 2019
The driver stated a large black animal ran out in front of the bus as they were traveling eastbound on SR302 approaching Goldman Dr. pic.twitter.com/cXx3cHPDNq
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Winter storm to bring lowland snow to Puget Sound region
- Residents empty store shelves ahead of snowstorm
- Medical Examiner: UW student who passed away on campus died of blood clot in lung
- TONIGHT AT 5:30 P.M.: Retailers turning to blue lights to avoid drug use in bathrooms
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.