A Washington State Patrol trooper investigating a crash on Interstate 90 in Spokane Valley was injured when his car was struck by a passing vehicle.
The State Patrol said the trooper was transported to a hospital Sunday evening with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
Troopers were responding to a crash about 6:15 p.m. on eastbound I-90 when a car struck the patrol car.
The State Patrol says the driver was detained and is expected to be charged with vehicular assault.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle driver arrested in snowball rage incident
- Semi carrying live chickens crashes on I-5 in Olympia
- Snow expected to continue Monday, with some areas getting rain or mix
- Real-Time traffic updates: Snowy, slushy roads snarl morning commute
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.