A 16-year-old student was stabbed Tuesday by another student after a fight at a Fife junior high school.
The incident happened shortly before noon at Columbia Junior High School. A 16-year-old student was taken into custody, according to Fife police, who gave details about the stabbing.
PHOTOS >> See photos from Chopper 7 over the scene of the junior high school stabbing in Fife
The teens were in a verbal altercation that turned physical, police said.
The teen who was stabbed was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
KIRO 7 reporter Kevin McCarty is on the way to the school, at 2901 54th Ave E., and will have a report on KIRO 7 News live at 5 p.m.
This story will be updated when additional details are available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man burning American flag blanket starts wildfire
- Customers forced to pay for cheese sue McDonald's for $5 million, according to lawsuit
- Woman says her Amazon device recorded private conversation, sent it out to random contact
- Residents forced out by Kirkland apartment fire
- Here's why the FBI wants you to reboot your router
Cox Media Group