SEATTLE - The Space Needle is sealing a new time capsule that won't be opened until April 21, 2062 - the landmark's 100th anniversary.
"An exclusive bottle of wine, baseballs signed by Mariners legends, rare Nirvana vinyl records, and the final list of names being considered for NHL Seattle's hockey team" are among the dozens of items being put inside for the next 43 years, according to a press release.
The capsule, made of stainless steel and aluminum, weighs more than 160 pounds and is over 3 feet tall.
Watch video of the sealing below:
More news from KIRO 7
- Elizabeth Warren slams Amazon for $1 million donation to change Seattle City Council
- Hard Rock Hotel collapse: Demolition goes awry after 1 crane impales New Orleans' Rampart Street
- Destructive tornado touched down near Shelton
- Move over, Honeycrisp: New apple to debut at grocery stores
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.