EVERETT, Wash. - Thursday morning Southwest Airlines announced plans for commercial flights in and out of Paine Field in Everett.
Southwest plans to fly up to five flights a day from the new commercial terminal that is currently under construction.
That announcement was made during the company's fourth-quarter earnings presentation on Thursday.
" . . . as a complement to our more than forty flights a day to 15 cities nonstop from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, today we announce our commitment to launch up to five daily flights at a new commercial aircraft facility at Paine Field in Everett, Washington, scheduled to be completed later this year."
Seattle-based Alaska will offer 13 daily nonstop departures to eight cities.
Alaska said fares from Everett will be similar to what passengers now pay at Sea-Tac Airport.
United has plans for six flights out of Paine Field.
More news from KIRO 7
- Everett company tells Vietnamese man: 'If you no speak English, I will send you home'
- Washington state House votes to reduce car tab taxes
- The Latest: More calls for Michigan State president's ouster
- Four pit bulls that mauled UPS driver to be euthanized
- Woman, 9 months pregnant, killed in crash on way to give birth, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.