A lieutenant with South Kitsap Fire and Rescue has been charged with a felony for allegedly sexting with a 15-year-old girl.
Court documents said 49-year-old Richard Christenson sent multiple texts to the girl describing sexual acts and saying he wanted to take off her clothes.
The texts were discovered when the girl's mother went through her daughter's cell phone.
Christenson has been with South Kitsap Fire since 1990.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- PHOTOS: Ted Bundy's mugshots, victims, car, and other images
- BBB issues alert; scam stealing phone numbers from T-Mobile customers to steal money expands
- Local woman who escaped serial killer Ted Bundy shares her story in an exclusive interview
- Thousands of laptops recalled due to fire hazard
- Champion swimmer accuses coach of underage sex abuse
© 2019 Cox Media Group.