The Sounders announced Thursday a community cup tour to give the public a view of both of its MLS Cup trophies.
This comes after the Sounders parade on Tuesday in which thousands of fans flocked to downtown Seattle to help celebrate their 3-1 win over Toronto FC.
On Friday, the trophies will travel with ferry commuters from Seattle to Bainbridge Island aboard the Wenatchee. The cup will be on display starting at 7:05 a.m. sailing out of Seattle.
The trophies will then continue onto the Seattle Aquarium, where it will be on display starting at noon.
Stops will also include the Space Needle, Columbia Center's Cherry Plazza.
On Saturday, the cups will start at the Fishermen's Terminal, where they'll be on display starting at 10 a.m. Then the cups will move onto the Woodland Park Zoo.
Zoo admission is not required for viewing the trophies.
The cups will end the day at the Pro Shop at CenturyLink Field from 3 p.m. to 5.
Below are the detailed scheduled stops:
MLS CUPS TOUR SCHEDULE: FRIDAY, NOV. 15
- 7:05 a.m. - 10:20 a.m. PT - Washington State Ferries (801 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98104)
- 12:00-1:30 p.m. PT - Seattle Aquarium (1483 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101)
- The trophies will be available for aquarium visitors outside the Window on Washington Waters display
- 2:00-3:30 p.m. PT - Space Needle (400 Broad Street, Seattle, WA 98109)
- The trophies will be available in the Space Needle's public plaza
- 4:00-5:30 p.m. PT - Columbia Center (705 5th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104)
- Fans and media will be directed to Columbia Center's 5th Avenue side, where signage will point to the building's covered Cherry Plaza
MLS CUPS TOUR SCHEDULE: SATURDAY, NOV. 16
© 2019 Cox Media Group