Sound Transit canceled one of its Sounder south line trains between Sumner and Auburn after a person was found dead near the tracks Thursday morning.
Sound Transit posted a bulletin about the death, reporting its 7:50 a.m. train departure was stopped at the scene. Sounder south line train #1516 was canceled. Sumner Police Department told KIRO 7 a body was found alongside the tracks. The body belongs to a man in his 40s.
Sound Transit encouraged passengers to use regular scheduled buses if possible. Click here to read scheduled buses.
The scene had cleared around 11 a.m.
More news from KIRO 7
- 20 bullets fired: Police kill unarmed black man holding cellphone in own backyard
- Burglars say shop owner tortured them, made them strip naked after break-in
- Woman helping driver killed in hit-and-run near Port Orchard
- You don't have to #DeleteFacebook: 7 tips to lock down your privacy without leaving
- One dead in Maple Valley crash
Cox Media Group