Seattle Public Schools announced on Monday the schedule for makeup days after schools were closed for five days due to snow.
In a news release, this year’s school calendar included two makeup days in June (June 21 and 24); the three additional make-up days will be added to the calendar following those days as outlined in the 2019 Collective Bargaining Agreement, with the Seattle Education Association.
The last day of school for students in graders preschool through 11th will be June 27.
High school graduation dates will not change, and the last day of school for students in 12th grade will be on June 20.
The district said students will be expected to finish any outstanding coursework or exams required for graduation.
"While we recognize extending the school year may be challenging for some families, we also know that the amount of instructional time a student spends with their teacher is one of the most important factors in learning," said the district in the release.
To view the district's revised calendar, click here.
More news from KIRO 7
- 'Prolific offenders' in Seattle result of case delays, lack of oversight, report says
- New bill looks to find replacement for Seattle's iconic Lenin statue
- Police: Kent city employee blew .344 after killing victim in city vehicle
- Kent city employee arrested after pedestrian killed; police say city vehicle involved
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.