SEATTLE - A semitruck crash on northbound I-5 just before the West Seattle Bridge caused multiple lanes of traffic to be shut down.
The truck went over a concrete barrier about 3 p.m. Saturday, the Seattle Fire Department said.
Tow crews were called to remove the truck, which was left partially hanging over an embankment.
The right two lanes of traffic were getting by until all lanes except the HOV were reopened before 5 p.m.
The Washington State Department of Transportation said the HOV lane would remain closed for a while so crews could fix some damage.
No injuries were reported.
Somehow the driver lost control, but exactly how it happened has not been confirmed.
Washington State Patrol troopers are investigating.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle teen: United Airlines 'negligent' for in-flight sexual assault
- Man who lived alone with rats awarded $8 million
- Supporters of 51st state hold bake sale to raise money
- Georgia mailman ‘Mr. Floyd' is delivering smiles around the world
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.