A semitruck blocked all lanes of SB I-5 and two lanes of NB I-5 inTacoma on Tuesday morning. The accident occurred near Yakima Avenue in the area of SR 16. All lanes reopened shortly after 10:15 a.m.
Traffic was diverted to South 38th Street and SR 16.
An early investigation showed that the semi was attempting to pass traffic and traveling too fast on the wet roadway approaching the curve. When it lost control, the container swung around blocking all lanes and collided with another vehicle.
There are no injuries.
The barrier in the construction zone was damaged but is not blocking traffic. The semi was towed away.
Spilled diesel was also removed from northbound lanes.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seahawks to wear 'Action Green' uniforms on Monday Night Football
- Arson destroys Jehovah's Witnesses hall in Lacey
- New report offers grim assessment of millennial housing market
- KCSO reaches settlement in case where plain-clothed detective pulled gun on motorcyclist
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2020 Cox Media Group