SEATTLE - A 42-year-old man was arrested at a Belltwon apartment building Tuesday morning following a report of a stabbing, the Seattle Police Department announced.
Officers said they were called to the 2200 block of 1st Avenue around 9:30 a.m. after they received a report of a 50-year-old man who had been stabbed inside.
The suspect was quickly located and taken into custody, police said in a blotter post.
The victim, a 50-year-old man, was transported to Harborview Medical Center in stable condition.
According to police, the victim said he was sitting in his apartment watching television when the 42-year-old walked in and began stabbing him.
The victim was able to escape and call 911, police said.
According to police, both men are residents of the apartment building.
The 42-year-old man was booked into the King County Jail on investigation of assault.
Officers arrest suspect in Belltown stabbing investigation. https://t.co/4U46su7owg— Seattle Police Dept. (@SeattlePD) July 16, 2019
More news from KIRO 7
- One killed in crash east of Redmond
- Seattle to Portland in an hour: WSDOT releases results of ultra-high-speed transportation study
- Seattle Police Department left scrambling after weekend crime spree
- 93-year-old reportedly sexually assaulted at nursing home where rape was recorded on hidden camera
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.