SEATTLE - A 31-year-old man was arrested following an arson that happened early in the morning Friday in Seattle’s South Park neighborhood, the Seattle Police Department said.
Officers responded to a report of a burning shed behind an abandoned house in the 1200 block of South Cloverdale Street just after 9 a.m.
Witnesses told police they saw the man throwing wood onto the burning structure.
The 31-year-old man was still in the area when officers arrived and was positively identified by witnesses as the suspect.
Police took the man into custody, and following an interview at the Southwest Precinct, he was booked into the King County Jail for investigation of arson.
The Arson/Bomb Squad with the Seattle Police Department is conducting an investigation.
Officers arrest man following arson to South Park shed earlier this morning. https://t.co/z25VecZbc6— Seattle Police Dept. (@SeattlePD) April 12, 2019
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Bellevue police: Crossroads neighborhood experiencing ‘significant' rise in violence
- Semi loses load of lumber on I-5 in Everett, blocking lanes
- PHOTOS: Rolled over semi, load of lumber block I-5
- Arrest made in 1972 murder of Mill Creek woman Jody Loomis
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.