SEATTLE — A house in Seattle's Leschi neighborhood is getting attention for a sign posted outside.
It shows a countdown to the end of the first term for Donald Trump's presidency.
KIRO 7 found out it was the former owner who made the countdown clock shortly after Trump's inauguration.
He even made an Instagram account where he’s gotten a lot of support but also some criticism for his piece of political expression.
That house was recently sold to Lily Onnen and her husband.
She said it was in the contract for the couple maintain the sign, and they are happy to do so.
“It’s a message of hope,” said Onnen. “For me the more the number shrinks, the more hopeful I get."
We also talked to Zawdie Terry who lives next door. He finds the sign amusing and not something that people would find offensive.
“Even if you support the current president, it’s just a countdown,” said Terry.
Onnen and her husband will continue flipping the numbers on the sign every day and they are even prepared for a potential second term.
“We would reset the clock. We would start all over,” Onnen said.
The former owner of the house has moved to the Magnolia neighborhood and said he has has already put up a similar countdown clock at his new home.
More news from KIRO 7
- Family demands answers after loved one killed in wrong way crash
- Olympia Jehovah's Witnesses Hall heavily damaged in suspicious fire
- Girl, 15, allegedly killed by brother, stabbed 53 times for 'taking too long in the bathroom,'
- Belltown 'tent mansion' and homeless camp to be cleared
- Dog on 520 Bridge leads police on crazy chase, Seattle Animal Shelter now searching for owner
Cox Media Group