Mercer Street has reopened for the Monday morning commute after officials worked to complete road repairs and continue to investigate the crane collapse.
Pieces of the crane were still being removed late Sunday afternoon.
There was also damage to the roadway from the crane that needs to be repaired before the road can reopen to traffic.
SDOT director Sam Zimbabwe said he anticipated it would take at least through the Monday morning commute, but the busy street has reopened.
However, as of 4 a.m., the southbound I-5 off ramp to Mercer remained closed.
Valley Street was closed Sunday but is now open between Terry and Fairview.
More news from KIRO 7
- Students loot Art Institute of Seattle classrooms as school suddenly shuts down
- Woman cut off own hand with circular saw to cash in on insurance, police say
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s mother, Brenda Jackson, dead at 65
- Firefighter killed, 2 injured in shooting after fire at California retirement home
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com