Surveillance cameras captured a violent struggle between a man and woman Sunday night in the SODO neighborhood. The video shows an unidentified man pinning the woman on the ground and choking her.
She had a gun, but the man took it away and fired two shots.
One of the bullets hit Russ Meyer’s business.
"It's pretty concerning," he said. "This obviously happened at 8 o'clock on a Sunday night, so thankfully none of our employees were here."
Meyer, who owns Ben’s Cleaner Sales in the 2200 block of 4th Avenue South, said the incident is another example of crime and violence brought on by homeless living in RVs behind his shop.
Meyer vented his frustration on Facebook in a post aimed at new Mayor Jenny Durkan.
KIRO 7 has been investigating incidents in the area for months – including recent fires triggered by faulty propane tanks in the RV’s. See video of the incident above.
- Fugitive in 4-year-old's killing caught in Georgia as grisly details released in death
- Second Tacoma-area restaurant closed for suspected norovirus outbreak
- Woman skips mother's funeral to steal from her, police say
- Woman found dead at mall ID'd as Georgia state student
- Sticker shock over Seattle's new sugary drink tax
© 2020 Cox Media Group