CLE ELUM, Wash. — A Seattle boy was killed and three other Seattle boys were injured Monday afternoon when a suspected DUI driver crashed near Cle Elum, police said.
Police said the boy killed was 13 years old. The three boys injured were 12- and 13-year-olds.
The 13-year-old killed was the driver's son, police said.
Police are investigating the crash and arrested the 51-year-old driver.
Trooper Brian Moore with the Washington State Patrol said the driver was found to be under the influence of prescription medication.
Trooper Moore reminds drivers that even if you have a valid prescription, if you're driving on medication and it’s determined by investigators that you can't safely operate a motor vehicle, you can be arrested for DUI.
The crash involved one vehicle that left the road, went down an embankment and rolled several times.
More news from KIRO 7:
- No charges for officer after K-9 left in car 8 hours dies
- Teachers prepare for strikes statewide days before school starts
- Bellevue scolds landlord after tenant rents home on Airbnb
- Missing Washington woman found dead on Oregon coast
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group