The Seattle-based chain Blue C Sushi has closed all locations and laid off its employees.
Eater Seattle reported that all staff received an email over the weekend announcing the closure and that all employees would be terminated.
Blue C Sushi was known for serving their sushi on plates that are placed on a rotating conveyor belt.
The sushi chain had seven locations -- Alderwood, Bellevue, Downtown Seattle, Southcenter and University Village, as well as two in the Los Angeles area.
When KIRO 7 stopped by the Downtown Seattle location on Monday, the restaurant's doors were locked and the space was empty, but there was no notice of the closure.
KIRO 7 also called all the Washington locations, but no one answered.
More news from KIRO 7
- Passengers at Sea-Tac miss flights as TSA agents call out sick amid government shutdown
- Puget Sound Naval Shipyard hiring hundreds of positions beginning Thursday
- IRS will pay Tax refunds even if government shutdown continues, official says
- Suspect dead in officer-involved shooting in Kent
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.