PIERCE COUNTY - Three schools in Pierce County were placed on lockdown while deputies searched for an armed robbery suspect Thursday, the Pierce County Sheriff's Department said.
Just after 11 a.m., deputies and a K-9 searched for the person who they say robbed a cashier at a Fred Meyer in the South Hill Neighborhood.
The lockdowns at Brouillet Elementary School, Carson Elementary School and Stahl Middle School were lifted around noon, officials said.
Deputies did not provide an update on the search for the armed robbery suspect.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Stolen dog found at officer-involved shooting scene
- Lawsuit filed after Seattle nursing home hidden camera rape arrest
- 'Thunder hail' storm a drag for drivers but not for police on Pacific Raceway
- Man fatally shot in Parkland
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.