All lanes were blocked Thursday night for a crash on SB I-5 near 48th Street S. in Tacoma.
Washington State Patrol officials said the crash involved a car that struck a pedestrian.
Officials told KIRO 7 a suspect being pursued by police jumped over a fence and ran onto I-5 during the pursuit, where that person was struck by an oncoming car.
Traffic had partially reopened on SB I-5 by around 9 p.m. The backup was still building. By around 11 p.m., the roadway had reopened.
There is no information yet on the condition of the person struck.
This story is developing; check back for updates.
More news from KIRO 7
- Buckley double homicide suspect shot by sergeant
- Tacoma man who fatally shot mother won't be charged
- Teen dies after sinus infection travels to brain, family says
- Led Zeppelin founder returns to Green Lake where band played in 1969
- Kent School District to lay off 127 staff positions
Cox Media Group