Saint Martin’s University campus was locked down Thursday afternoon after reports Lacey police were tracking a carjacking suspect near campus.
Lacey police tweeted there were two attempted carjackings in the area of Third Avenue Southeast and College Street Southeast. The suspect was tracked by a police dog to an area near Martin Way East where the trail was lost, according to police.
Saint Martin’s lockdown was lifted at about 5:15 p.m.
The suspect was described as a 30-year-old white man, 5 feet 8 inches tall, wearing jean shorts and a Nike sweatshirt, with a tattoo on his neck.
Police tweeted anyone who sees the suspect should not approach him and instead call 911.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Doctor: Seattle woman who died of brain-eating amoeba used tap water in neti pot
- Police responding to officer involved shooting in Kent
- Missing person investigation draws large police response in Auburn
- Neighbors work together to stop package thieves in Marysville
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.