YAKIMA, Wash. - A crash near Yakima, Washington, killed a couple from Utah who were traveling to honeymoon, Fox 13 News, in Salt Lake City, reports.
Trooper Chris Thorson, with the Washington State Patrol, told KIRO 7 News that Amy Moffat and Stephen Graham were killed in the crash Sunday.
Moffat was driving when she fell asleep, the vehicle drifted and she overcorrected the vehicle, which then rolled over, police said.
Police said Moffat and Graham were wearing their seat belts. They were pronounced dead at the scene.
Fox 13 spoke with a good friend of the couple, Spencer Luczak, who said he was driving behind the newlyweds Sunday.
The couple had just gotten married a couple of weeks ago.
"Stephen waited his whole life to meet someone like Amy,” Luczak said to Fox 13.
More news from KIRO 7:
- WATCH: Detonation of explosive device floating in Puget Sound
- After close call, man warns others about helping people on side of road at night
- Police: Western State Hospital patient stomped on staff member's head 8 times
- Felon wanted in multiple vehicle thefts that injured two victims
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.