The primary suspect identified in the April 29 theft of nearly 90 firearms from a gun store was arrested Thursday night on the Las Vegas Strip, according to the Kitsap Sun.
Chrissayn Jay Louis Borwieck, 17, was taken into custody about 8:30 p.m. by U.S. marshals and Las Vegas police officers, Kitsap County sheriff’s Lt. Jon VanGesen told the Kitsap Sun.
A warrant was issued in May for Borwieck on charges of first-degree burglary and numerous counts of theft of a firearm.
Cameras captured three thieves breaking down a barricade that blocked the front door to Boerner Firearms in Gorst. It also showed the thieves running into the shop with buckets.
Officers said the trio sold the stolen guns through social media.
According to the Kitsap Sun, guns stolen from the shop turned up in the hands of suspected criminals around Washington.
Deputies with the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office said about 15 of the guns have been recovered from the theft.
The other suspects have not been identified yet.
More news from KIRO 7
- 'Dog the Bounty Hunter's' Beth Chapman in medically induced coma
- Mother charged after being accused of playing 'chicken,' running over 3-year-old son
- Investigation underway after 3 people shot in White Center
- Decomposing body found on trail in Tacoma
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.