• Man suspected of killing toddler in SeaTac

    By: Deedee Sun


    SEATAC, Wash. - A 2-year-old boy is dead, and the man who was watching him faced a judge for the crime Thursday.

    King County prosecutors believe that child was murdered by his mother's boyfriend.

    The suspect has not been charged yet, but the prosecutor said in court Thursday, based on the toddler's “deeply disturbing” injuries detailed in prosecuting documents, it was clear what happened Sunday was not the first time the boy had been hurt. 

    The prosecutor is recommending second-degree murder charges for the suspect, 24-year-old D'Andre Glaspy.

    The victim’s family identifies the baby killed as 2 1/2-year-old Moses Ausler. He died in Seatac Sunday.  

    His great-aunt, Erin Torres, talked with KIRO 7 on the phone Sunday. 

    “He was just a bright, intelligent little boy, he loved to read books on his own,” Torres said. “Always had a smile, always.” 

    His family and court documents say Glaspy was taking care of Moses Sunday. The documents say he was the one who called 911. 

    Torres says their family found out something was wrong with a text.  

    “This monster texted my niece while she was at work. And just said, ‘Your son's not breathing,’” Torres said.

    When first responders got on-scene, they found the baby was bleeding and had severe bruising all over his face, arms, chest, sides, legs, and back. 

    The documents say the King County Medical Examiner found the boy had suffered six or more blows to the top of his head and “a number of healed or partially healed injuries including broken bones in both arms, a wrist, and rib fractures." 

    His family is beyond heartbroken.

    “We weren't even aware. I talked to my niece, I was like, 'Did you ever feel like he was abusive to him?’ And she was like, ‘No, never auntie, never in front of me,’” Torres said.

    She says Moses was always loving toward everyone and never cried or complained he was hurting.

    The family also set up a GoFundMe page to help with funeral costs.

    A King County judge set Glaspy's bail for $1 million. 

    The suspect will be charged in Kent Friday afternoon.

    Trending headlines


    Next Up: