VERLOT, Wash. (AP)— The remains of a missing Whatcom County woman have been found in the woods off the Mountain Loop Highway.
The Daily Herald reports the death of Vera Izhevskiy is considered suspicious, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office.
Izhevskiy, from the Maple Falls area, was last seen alive on Nov. 10, 2016, in Bellingham. She was 25.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Courtney O'Keefe said U.S. Forest Service employees found her skeletal remains Jan. 30 near Mallardy Creek, east of Verlot.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office announced both the discovery and the identity Friday.
The cause and manner of the death were pending investigation.
Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldnet.com
More news from KIRO 7
- Winter storm to bring lowland snow to Puget Sound region
- Residents empty store shelves ahead of snowstorm
- Medical Examiner: UW student who passed away on campus died of blood clot in lung
- TONIGHT AT 5:30 P.M.: Retailers turning to blue lights to avoid drug use in bathrooms
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.