TACOMA, Wash. - A white ball python fell from a vent in the ceiling onto a nurse’s work station at Tacoma General Hospital on April 30.
Hospital officials say the staff had been alerted a visitor's pet snake -- that escaped from a pet carrier -- could show up anywhere.
The hospital doesn’t generally allow pets inside of the building, officials said.
After capture, the snake was returned to its owner by hospital security personnel.
Ball python snakes are not venomous and are popular as pets, due to a generally docile temperament.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.