LACEY, Wash. - President Trump has tweeted following Monday's Amtrak train derailment that has left at least three people dead, and 70 injured.
The train accident that just occurred in DuPont, WA shows more than ever why our soon to be submitted infrastructure plan must be approved quickly. Seven trillion dollars spent in the Middle East while our roads, bridges, tunnels, railways (and more) crumble! Not for long!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 18, 2017
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved in the train accident in DuPont, Washington. Thank you to all of our wonderful First Responders who are on the scene. We are currently monitoring here at the White House.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 18, 2017
Our deepest sympathies and most heartfelt prayers are with the victims of the train derailment in Washington State. We are closely monitoring the situation and coordinating with local authorities... pic.twitter.com/Gyf5BdVm4G— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 18, 2017
Earlier Monday an Amtrak train derailed on an overpass near Lacey, which is about 60 miles south of Seattle.
I-5 southbound is expected is expected to be closed all day. Gov. Inslee has declared a state of emergency.
More on derailment from KIRO 7
- LIVE UPDATES: At least 70 sent to hospital, 3 dead after train derails on I-5
- PHOTOS: Train details onto I-5 near Lacey in Washington
- What to know: Q&A after train derails over I-5, killing 3
- New era of rail service rolling into Tacoma Dome Station begins
- LIVE VIDEO: Train derails onto I-5
- Bloodworks Northwest in desperate need of blood donors after train derails onto I-5
© 2019 Cox Media Group.