SEATTLE - Detectives with the Seattle Police Department's Gang Unit are investigating a shooting on Thursday in Seattle's Lake City neighborhood.
Police said they began receiving calls about three men chasing another man in the area of 32nd Avenue NE and NE 143rd Street around 6:40 p.m.
According to police, witnesses said one of the men was armed with a handgun and said the group was running through yards and jumping fences.
Responding officers said they found a 25-year-old man in the 13700 block of 32nd Avenue NE with a gunshot wound to his buttock.
"The victim told officers he had been robbed of his cellphone, which officers later recovered nearby," police wrote in a blotter post.
The victim was treated at the scene and was later transported to the hospital for treatment with non-life-threatening injures, police said.
Police said they searched the area, but were not able to late any suspects.
"During the course of the investigation, detectives learned that the victim was not robbed, but actually dropped his phone while running. The victim would not provide much more information regarding the suspects," police said.
More news from KIRO 7
- New footage of Titanic shows how much of the ship the sea has reclaimed
- Kilos of cocaine found in banana boxes at local Safeway stores
- Police investigate fatal shooting in North Seattle
- How do I get a Washington enhanced driver's license?
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.