PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. — Police are searching for a suspect who tried to run an officer over during a traffic stop near Monterey Lane and Contra Costa Avenue in Pierce County Friday night.
Officers responded to the scene around 6:10 p.m.
The suspect fled in a white Ford F250 truck, which deputies later said was stolen. That truck was located near Ramsdell Street and San Juan Avenue in Fircrest.
Police said the suspect then fled on foot, from where the truck was abandoned. Officers conducted a search of that area and asked that residents stay inside and lock their doors.
Pierce County police originally said the suspect fired multiple shots at an officer. Friday night, police put out a correction, saying the suspect had not fired at the officer but the officer had fired at the suspect's truck.
The suspect is described as a white man in his 20s wearing a white T-shirt and jeans.
More news from KIRO 7
- Counter-Strike video game co-creator Jess Cliff arrested for sexual exploitation of a child
- WATCH: Play-by-play of a car prowl in KIRO Radio parking lot
- Man killed in hit-and-run crash in SeaTac
- Nurse fired for violating attendance policy, staying home with the flu
- If you cross the double lines of I-405, will you be ticketed?
© 2021 Cox Media Group