A motorcyclist was seriously injured Thursday morning in a crash near Shoreline.
Lake Forest Park police said Lt. Rhonda Lehman was on her way to work when she saw a motorcyclist down at the underpass of I-5 at Ballinger Way Northeast.
The motorcyclist had lost his foot a crash with another vehicle.
Lehman applied a tourniquet to stop the bleeding until troopers and Shoreline deputies arrived at the scene.
Police said Lehman kept the motorcyclist as calm as possible before he was taken Harborview Medical Center.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle to file lawsuit to block $30 car tab initiative
- $30 car tabs in Washington: What's expected next
- Woman pulls parasitic worms from her eye after running through flies
- 3-year-old boy injured after being hit by car while biking on cul-de-sac, police say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.