BELLEVUE, Wash. — Bellevue police and fire responded to Hotel 116 early Sunday for a report of an accidental shooting.
When police and fire officials arrived, they found a 25-year-old man in a hotel room with a gunshot wound to the head. Hotel 116 is located at 625 116th Ave N.E.
The male was transported to Harborview Hospital, where he later died.
A 24-year-old female acquaintance, who had rented the room with the male, told investigators that at one point the victim began playing with a handgun.
"The female told the man to stop because she felt uncomfortable, and the man told the woman not to worry because the gun was unloaded, put the gun to his head, and pulled the trigger. The gun discharged and the woman ran to the lobby and called 911," Bellevue police said.
Police and medics attempted lifesaving efforts, but the man did not survive.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Florida infant sitting in bouncy chair killed after pit bull attack
- Reward for missing Bonney Lake teen now $10,000
- Third suspect arrested in connection to the still-missing Bonney Lake teen
- Man under fire for racist, insensitive Snapchat posts after fatal collision with black pedestrian
- Heartwarming video: Scared baby deer in Bremerton rescued from road by mama
Cox Media Group