PUYALLUP, Wash. - Police are investigating after a drive-by shooting early Saturday in Puyallup.
The shooting occurred around 4 a.m. near Spinning Elementary at 1306 E Pioneer. Police said that the victim, a woman, sold a car to the shooter in a private sale, but the shooter didn't hold up his end of the bargain and the woman repossessed the car. The shooter then made threatening comments on social media toward the woman.
On Saturday morning, the victim was sitting in her car in the 600 block of 14th Street Southeast. The shooter and another man drove up in a truck and opened fire on the woman's car, striking it three times. A nearby house was also struck but no one was injured.
The truck with the shooter fled. The woman in the car told officials that she knows who it was.
The Pierce County Sheriff's Office found the truck and arrested the shooter an hour later in Spanaway.
The suspect, a 30-year-old man, was booked into Pierce County Jail for drive-by shooting, first-degree assault and reckless endangerment.
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman frightened by cougar on roof, but it wasn't a cougar at all
- 1 dead, 2 injured in shooting near Westlake Station; police search for suspect
- Announcement of murdered student leaves stunned friends with unanswered questions
- South Sound high school fooball game canceled after possible threat
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.