Police are investigating two separate shootings that occurred less than one block from each other Friday night in Pioneer Square. One person is being treated for non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.
Officers were called to 3rd Avenue South and Yesler Way for reports of gunshots just before midnight. They located shell casings at the scene and found an 18-year-old man with gunshot wounds at 3rd Avenue South and James Street. The victim had wounds in his back and leg, and was transported by to Harborview Medical Center.
About an hour later, officers responded to gunshots in the 500 block of 2nd Avenue and determined they were coming from the Sinking Ship Parking Garage. They saw people running from the entrance and were able to take a suspect into custody. Officers also recovered a substance that tested positive for cocaine and a gun underneath the suspect's car. The gun had been reported stolen, according to police.
The 20-year-old suspect was booked into King County Jail for felony assault, unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of stolen property and drug violations.
More news from KIRO 7
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments; returns to parents
- South Dakota woman thought she had kidney stones; instead, she gave birth to triplets
- Seventh Kingdom Hall attack doesn't stop Jehovah's Witness convention
- Beloved Chopper 7 pilot, photographer Clark Stahl dies at age 72
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.