FEDERAL WAY, Wash. — Federal Way police are investigating a crash that killed a driver and left his two children in critical condition Friday afternoon.
The crash happened before 2 p.m. in the 19800 block of Pacific Highway South.
Police said a driver in a white sedan was driving recklessly southbound on Pacific Highway. He lost control and entered the northbound lanes and struck a red truck.
Police said the driver in the white sedan died. The driver's infant and toddler were critically injured and his wife had non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver in the red truck was not injured.
As of 6:30 p.m., the northbound lanes of Pacific Highway South at South 300th remained closed as police investigated. Southbound lanes are open.
- Man sentenced to 28 years for Renton woman's gruesome murder
- Stay away from romaine lettuce for now, consumer group warns
- HP recalling thousands of laptop batteries over fire and burn risks
- Landslide danger in Rattlesnake Ridge in Yakima County causes evacuations
- University Place home invasion suspect turns out to be victim's father
© 2020 Cox Media Group